Re: Using list {} does not work with -z to download only newer files

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:32:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Gustav Axelsson wrote:

> if I use a list with only one item (the date 2006-04-20) the file is
> always downloaded despite the fact that the server does not have a more
> recent file.

> -z ~/Library/Xmltv/svt1.svt.se_#1.xml

Uh, indeed. We don't support the #-parameters for the -z option so curl will
get the existing date from the file using that _literal_ name and mostly
likely there is no such file. If the file doesn't exist, it switches off the
conditional fetch again...

This is still the same in the latest version! :-(

It is certainly something we should fix. Anyone feels like grabbing the issue?