Re: Maintaining credentials

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 00:36:43 -0700

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 03:17:07AM -0400, Blurry wrote:
> After struggling with a site I KNEW was NTLM, I found
> --negotiate to work, eventhough it is an IIS
> server...anyway, once you login it does 1 or 2
> redirects (I think) when you use an IE browser to take you to the
> end page. Using curl it stops at the login success
> page without following the redirects (yes I use -L).
> If I subsequently use curl to go to that end page, I
> get 'your login period has passed". So how can I get
> to this end page ? What am I missing ?
> Thanks

Chances are the server is using JavaScript or HTML redirects instead of
HTTP redirects (which is the only kind curl honours). Look at the
contents of the last page curl gives you and look for location.href=
or HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh". There are probably hidden forms or cookies that
are needed to avoid the "login period has passed" problem.

>>> Dan