Re: integrated windows authentication not supported?

From: Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:39:03 -0600

On 3/29/06, Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 01:27:14PM -0600, Andy.D.Loechler_at_wellsfargo.com wrote:
> > Both --anyauth and --ntlm give the same content back to me.
> >
> > Curl --ntlm https://servername/
> >
> > Right?
> >
> > No matter what option I use I get the same 401.2
>
> That was assuming you were already using --user to set your user ID and
> password. The server is complaining that it doesn't know who you are.

I had a similar problem one time - the server didn't understand when I
sent the authentication *before* it had demanded it. I had to send a
request for the page, then re-send the exact same request with "-U
userid:passwd".

I think what broke on the server side was that it wanted to give me a
cookie first, *then* do the authentication, *then* exchange more
cookies. The first thing my script did was delete the cookie file so
there would be no lingering session info to mess things up.

Ralph Mitchell