Re: javascript

From: Kjell Ericson <Kjell.Ericson_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:38:17 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Richard wrote:

> I know that the faq of libcurl says that javascript isn't possible with
> libcurl but was wondering if there had been any sort of add ons written
> since that was published to allow javascript commands to be used with
> libcurl?

No.

That is quite extensive work and I don't think anyone will do it within many
years. I missed it sometimes myself, but when getting down to ground I don't
really know what curl should do with the javascripts.
It would be better to have a separate library handling javascripts and with a
callback requests new web data.

That new library could ofcourse use libcurl, but libcurl will probably never
handle javascript itself.

  // Kjell