Re: HTTP Support Disabled

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:39:35 -0800

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 04:16:36PM -0700, ray.hauge_at_americanstudentloan.com wrote:
> rhauge_at_ray:~$ curl -V
> curl 7.15.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.12.2 zlib/1.2.3
       ^^^^^^ ^^^^^^
Clearly, you have an old library lying around on your system.

> I just copied that binary over the system binary, and now curl is
> working just fine. I don't know what happened there, but installing
> the compiled source didn't work correctly. Thanks to everyone for the
> help. Any sort of explanation as to how to keep this from happening in
> the future would be great though.

Even if you did 'make install' on the new package, a existing library in
in your library path ahead of /usr/local/lib (like /usr/lib or another odd
location) is going to have precedence. You need to make sure to search and
destroy and such old copies, even if you have to sit around waiting for
"find / -name libcurl\*" to complete.

>>> Dan