Re: libcurl Socket Error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:11:14 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, pirateroberts_at_comcast.net wrote:

> I have written a program which hits my webserver with 500 gets, in batch.
> Consistantly at number 396, at curl_easy_perform ,

Consider the curl-library mailing list for future libcurl talks.

> I get an error of couldn't create socket and a return code of 7. From this
> point on I continue to get the same error at the same place until the
> program finishes. My webserver isnt crashing, and my browser has no problem
> hitting it, can anyone tell me why this is happening?

I'd say you've reach a limit. Either the server doesn't respond to further
connects or your client end can't get more file handles. Using strace or
similar would reveal this I guess.

> I am using libcurl 7.10.1

Ah, look. Remnants from '02. You should seriously consider upgrading before
you continue this.