Re: curl & malicious XML?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 22:16:05 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Bill Hines wrote:

> I'm trying to use curl to test a malicious xml scenario, sending an xml
> file with a huge number of xmlns: tags to my application server. But it
> appears that curl is trying to parse the xml file itself

curl does no such thing. It has no clue about XML or similar matters.

> racing the cpu at 95% cpu for the curl.exe process.

For how long? Is this a big file? What curl version? What operating system?

Using the -d @file construct will make curl read the whole file into memory
first, and then send it off to the server.

> Below is the command I'm using. Is there any way to have curl not process
> the xml so that I can try to submit it to my local server instance?

So it doesn't send the data when you use that command line?