Re: compiler error on hp-ux using gcc

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 12:41:31 -0800

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 08:13:41PM -0000, Naeem ahmad wrote:
> Mahine : HP-UX jaws B.11.23 U ia64
>
> =20
>
> Comopiler : gcc 4.0.1
>
> =20
>
> I get below error when i try to build using makefile
>
> =20
>
> icate 'unsigned'
>
> In file included from ../include/curl/multi.h:63,
>
> from ../include/curl/curl.h:1448,
>
> from cookie.h:33,
>
> from urldata.h:50,
>
> from file.c:79:
>
> /usr/include/sys/socket.h:205: error: two or more data types in
> declaration specifiers
>
> /usr/include/sys/socket.h:535: error: static declaration of 'sendfile'
> follows non-static declaration
>
> /usr/include/sys/socket.h:506: error: previous declaration of 'sendfile'
> was here
>
> /usr/include/sys/socket.h:536: error: static declaration of 'sendpath'
> follows non-static declaration
>
> /usr/include/sys/socket.h:508: error: previous declaration of 'sendpath'
> was her

Are you able to compile any other network program with this compiler? This
doesn't look like a curl problem. All the errors are within system header
files.

> Disclaimer:
>
> The information contained in this e-mail, including any attachments to it, is confidential and intended
[370 words of legalese elided]

Well, your message has just been blasted onto a public mailing list, so it's
not very confidential any more. You'd better report yourself to the
authorities.

>>> Dan