blocking call

From: Cris Putnam <cdputnam_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:11:47 -0500

I am using the curl easy interface to automate authentication through
firewalls. My application was designed to be single threaded and now I am
running into a problem, it hangs if the network goes down during login. I
suppose the curl_easy_perform(curl)call is a blocking call, right? Is
there away I can turn this blocking off so that if the network goes away,
it will fail, and go back to my gui. As it is, it just freezes the app.
I am hoping to solve this hang without a redesign of the login engine.

Thanks,
Cris D. Putnam