gnutls_handshake() failed: -8

From: Dorr, Brad <Brad.Dorr_at_phns.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:55:04 -0500

We are running on AIX 5.2 Unix platform. I have install curl successfully, but I cannot get a connection to a vendors site. I am trying to get a SSL FTP connection. Below is the curl command I ran and the results. Can you help with the handshake error that I am getting. I have run out of options. Is there something the certificate which I got from the vendor or something else going on? Any direction or help would be great. I did get curl to work connecting to another Unix server via ftp so I know curl works ok.
Thanks,
Brad Dorr.
# curl --cert-type PEM --cacert /opt/TWWfsw/curl715/share/veriroot_b64_cnvrt.pem -vu DCH00YU:PHNSrock ftps://136.181.135.38:11250
* About to connect() to 136.181.135.38 port 11250
* Trying 136.181.135.38... connected
* Connected to 136.181.135.38 (136.181.135.38) port 11250
* found 1 certificates in /opt/TWWfsw/curl715/share/veriroot_b64_cnvrt.pem
* gnutls_handshake() failed: -8
* Closing connection #0
Segmentation fault(coredump)

Brad Dorr
PHNS - Integration Production Support Manager
Work: 810.424.8124
Cell: 810.223.4580

Disclaimer:
This electronic message, including any attachments, is confidential
and intended solely for use of the intended recipient(s). This
message may contain information that is privileged or otherwise
protected from disclosure by applicable law. Any unauthorized
disclosure, dissemination, use or reproduction is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
delete it and notify the sender immediately.