Re: Problem installing

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:43:41 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Barry Krein wrote:

> I am using a redhet Linux distribution.
>
> and i want to update curl.
>
> My homepath is /usr but using
> $ ./configure --prefix=/usr
> $ make install

The recommended way for such systems is generally to use your "ordinary"
update commands, since you may have other things in your system that depends
on the particular version you have installed.

Another approach is to install the updated version in another path to allow
you to either version at will.

> doesnt work.

Then I guess the 'make install' did wrong, or your original curl is not in
/usr/bin or similar.

> (btw. why can't i subscribe to the list? Can somone mail me the nntp server
> adress please? thanks a lot!)

This is a proof you are subscribed as otherwise your mail woulnd't have been
accepted... For nntp-access, I figure you should try gmane.org's services.