cURL easy interface / buffer alloc.

From: Robbie <sheriff_at_excite.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:27:49 -0500 (EST)

I'm using libcurl easy interface to accomplish two tasks.
1. to grab data from a url at will, and process it, and
2. initiate a stream and grab an updated sequence of data and process it.

In the first case, I notice my data chunks in memory are the same. That is, its not being updated. When I call curl_perform, does it actually get new data and put it in the specified buffer or do I have to update it myself? Or am I actually using the right functions? I tried clearing the buffer after processing but I got segfaults as if its looking for the same data.
Does anyone have any ideas here? My App uses libcurl much like the getinmemory.c example and I've written a thread form that does the same thing.

For the second case, I just have one question, How does libcurl determine the size of the buffer to use in such a case?

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com