Re: Secure ftp

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:15:15 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, François Christophe wrote:

> I'm trying to use the Curl command line to make a secure Ftp transfer

curl version? operating system? (I looks like 7.15.1 on Windows?)

> Curl -ftp-ssl -T c:\curl13.txt ftp://webdemo

I assume you used --ftp-ssl

>> AUTH SSL
> < 234 SSL enabled and waiting for negotiation
> * successfully set certificate verify locations:
> * CAfile: C:\curl-7.15.1\curl-ca-bundle.crt
> CApath: none
> * SSLv2, Client hello (1):
> SSL connection timeout
> * Closing connection #0
> curl: (28) SSL connection timeout

Can you do FTP-SSL with this server using other tools? Have you tried the -2
option?

> I installed the curl-ca-bundle.crt on the server but I don't know what to do
> next.

This is a timeout, if there would've been a cert problem you'd get a
completely different error.

> Can somebody explain me why it doesn't work please ?

Nope, I don't know why the SSL connect times out.