Re: Trouble transversing two firewalls w/ passive ftp

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:19:22 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Nick Harley wrote:

> --ftp-port 216.x.x.x

Is this address one of your machine's local interfaces? Is this curl version
ipv6-enabled? If you answered NO and YES, you're likely to suffer from this
bug:

               http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2006-01/0136.html

> The people at the other end of this transfer have said that if I can't enter
> passive mode then I won't be able to send these files and they suggest that
> I purchase a software package to make it work.

Of course they say that.

> Is it possible to use the ftp port command and enable passive ftp transfers
> at the same time?

As Dan said, they do the exact opposites. What would happen if both could be
used?

> You are hereby notified that any dissemination, duplication, or distribution
> of this transmission by someone other than the intended addressee or its
> designated agent is strictly prohibited.

This mail, as all mails to this list, are archived and available for anyone on
the internet. Oh how we like legal mumbo jumbo no one cares about, hardly
anyone even reads and is misused like this when sent to public lists.