HTTP server recommendations?

From: <cremes.devlist_at_mac.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 17:20:49 -0600

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but I thought I might find a useful
answer here from the CURL community.

I'm working on an app using curl-lib for it's underlying file
transfer mechanism. I'm curious if anyone can recommend a web server
that can handle multi-gigabyte uploads in an efficient and safe
manner. Also, it should support resumable HTTP upload.

Most servers I have investigated appear to buffer the entire file
contents in memory until the last byte is read and then flush the
whole thing to disk. This *might* work on a server with lots of RAM
for one file, but it certainly breaks down if there are multiple
simultaneous uploads.

Again, sorry for the OT question. Feel free to respond here or
privately.

cr