Re: Advice on curling a itrc.hp.com page

From: June Qiu <qljune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 04:52:13 -0800 (PST)

Not sure whether I did it right though. But I did it 2 ways:

  1) Signed in and went to find the cookie file(me_at_hp.txt) in temp folder and used that in place of 'cookie' in the command line
  2) ran the first command and then the written 'cookie' is saved and reused in the second command with the https-webpage

  I think I'm wrong, please help!

Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com> wrote:
  You *did* go to the initial page first and pick up the cookies, right??

Ralph Mitchell

On 1/5/06, June Qiu wrote:
> Seems like it is not as easy as i thgt...
> When I typed:
>
> curl -x AAA -U BBB -v -s -S -L -o a.html -b cookies -c cookies -d
> "F_USERID=CCC&F_PASSWORD=DDD&f_RememberMe=false"
> "https://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/ciss/doLogin.do?TargetPage=http://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docId=hpuxSecurityMatrix"
>

> I got:
> * Connection #0 left intact
> curl: (52) Empty reply from server
> * Closing connection #1
> * Closing connection #2
> * Closing connection #0
>

> Ralph Mitchell wrote:
> You'll need to find the line in a.html that contains
>
> form name="loginform" method="POST" action="https://..........."
>
> and extract the action url. That's the url you need to post back to.
> You may also need to add "&f_RememberMe=false" (or =true), because
> the server may expect to see it.
>
> -s means silent - don't show progress meter or error messages
> -S means do show error messages anyway, in spite of the -s
>
> Assuming you're running this in a script, you won't want the progress
> bar to be displayed...
>
> Ralph
>

> On 1/4/06, June Qiu wrote:
> > yes. :) Theoretically, I should get that info at the very least. Then am I
> > right to say that by adding -d "f_UserID=abc&f_Password=123" I should be
> > able to curl in my desired page?
> >
> > ps. What is the -s and -S for?
> >
> > Ralph Mitchell wrote:
> > When I try
> >
> > curl -v -s -S -L -o a.html -b cookies -c cookies
> >
> "http://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docId=hpuxSecurityMatrix"
> >
> > I get 5 cookies and two redirects. The second redirect sends me back
> > to www2.itrc.hp.com, but the url now has "admit=" and a bunch of
> > numbers inserted. The inout fields in a.html include
> >
> > User ID or E-mail: input name=f_UserID
> > Password: input name=f_Password
> >
> > There's also a "remember me" checkbox, some hidden fields and some
> > associated with searchin! g for stuff.
> >
> > Is that about what you were expecting??
> >
> > Ralph Mitchell

Yahoo! Photos