Re: Advice on curling a itrc.hp.com page

From: June Qiu <qljune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 01:17:37 -0800 (PST)

yes. :) Theoretically, I should get that info at the very least. Then am I right to say that by adding -d "f_UserID=abc&f_Password=123" I should be able to curl in my desired page?

  ps. What is the -s and -S for?

Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com> wrote:
  When I try

curl -v -s -S -L -o a.html -b cookies -c cookies
"http://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docId=hpuxSecurityMatrix"

I get 5 cookies and two redirects. The second redirect sends me back
to www2.itrc.hp.com, but the url now has "admit=" and a bunch of
numbers inserted. The inout fields in a.html include

User ID or E-mail: input name=f_UserID
Password: input name=f_Password

There's also a "remember me" checkbox, some hidden fields and some
associated with searching for stuff.

Is that about what you were expecting??

Ralph Mitchell