Stop the beeping?

From: Aru Sahni <arusahni_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 19:51:27 -0500

Hi,
I'm using curl with a now-playing script for my music player (amip).
When the track changes, or the playing status changes, curl uploads a
small data file to my webserver. Recently I removed the script from
my server and found that my computer was beeping each time I triggered
an event that would upload the file. After some trial and error I
traced it down to curl trying to send the file data to the old
location of the PHP script on my server.
My question is this: is there any way to stop curl from beeping, even
when an error of this kind occurs?
Thanks!
~Aru