authentification fail with password larger than 127 char

From: Jean Jacques Drouin <jean-jacques.drouin_at_capgemini.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:36:56 +0100

Hi all,

I am connecting to a server that requires an Basic authentification.

It works fine with IE and from an home made tool.
It fails from a cURL command line such as:

The trace analysis from ethereal shows that - with cURL - only the 127 first characters of the password are base64 encoded and sent to the server.
My password is greater than 127 characters!

I've tried with various lengths of <user>, <filename>.. to see if the limit was for the password itself or for the global url length: cURL always takes 127 chars of the sole password.

I've not seen something related to such limit in the doc.

Can you advice?