cURL Extension Not Found (was Re: (no subject))

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 22:09:36 -0800

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 10:05:02PM -0500, LilPinki69 wrote:
> ...completely lost would be an understatement... i have just looked through the
> whole cURL website and read everything twice... and I feel like I am reading
> japanese!! sorry for the sarcasm, but I'm not a progammer and to me this is
> confusing! in building my online store i have recently encountered a peculiar
> error: (2040) cURL Extension Not Found. which made wonder what the hell this
> cURL is... so i looked it up and discovered that it is in fact something i
> needed to install... the next question would be HOW? and from all the
> information i read on the cURL website, i still have no idea how to answer that

Without knowing more details about your application, we on the list can only
speculate at what you're trying to do. My guess is that your online store
application is written in PHP, and the server on which you are running the
store doesn't have PHP/CURL installed. Unless this is your personal server
and you have the root password, there's nothing more you can do. You need
to speak to the administrators of the server and ask them to install
PHP/CURL for you.

> question... and the fact that there is no forum on the topic (that i could
> find, at least) is not helping... so what exactly would be my first step in
> installing this?

Instead of a forum, there are searchable mailing list archives.

>>> Dan