RE: problem connecting to SSL host

From: Stephan Lesher <slesher_at_alpha-sys.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 16:00:11 -0500

Tak!

Stephan Lesher
Systems Administrator
Alpha Systems
267.989.0171
slesher_at_alpha-sys.com

-----Original Message-----
From: curl-users-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se
[mailto:curl-users-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se] On Behalf Of Daniel Stenberg
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 3:31 PM
To: the curl tool
Cc: Stephan Lesher
Subject: Re: problem connecting to SSL host

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, Stephan Lesher wrote:

> I'm running cURL from an AIX platform trying to connect to a windows
based
> WS-FTP server forcing SSL and I'm having some issues. It appears to be

> having problems because the username has a @ in it.

Sorry, I drew the wrong conclusion and offered a fix that doesn't work!
(-u
doesn't URL decode anything)

> $ curl --trace -n

This is the culprit. --trace takes an argument, the file name to which
it
writes its trace log to. You called it -n here...

> $ curl --trace -u alphaftp21_at_christianacare:fTp$2763

... and here you called the file -u, and then there's an argument that
isn't
an option that curl will treat as a host name:

> * gethostbyname(2) failed for christianacare:fTp763

... and it thinks it was a host name with a user name first, so it tried
resolve the right part of the @-letter...

--
  Commercial curl and libcurl Technical Support:
http://haxx.se/curl.html