Re: url.c:1768 has an internal error an needs to be fixed to work

From: Brian Dessent <brian_at_dessent.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 09:27:29 -0800

Bret Rilling wrote:

> curl 7.11.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.11.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7a ipv6
> zlib/1.2.1.2

You should try a version that's not so ancient. There have been 11
releases of curl in the 20+ months since 7.11.1 was released.

>From <http://curl.haxx.se/changes.html> it looks like your problem was
fixed in 7.12.1 with the note "socks proxy support even when libcurl is
built ipv6-enabled".

> I will download url.c and grep through it for my error message but I
> am not really a C programmer. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do
> to solve this issue?

The error message is telling you the line number in url.c, so there's no
need to grep.

Brian