libcurl on AIX (was Re: The results of your email commands)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 09:41:32 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, Ganesha wrote:

(libcurl issues are better kept on the curl-library list, and please use
sensible email subjects - it makes life easier for busy mail readers such as
me)

> I am building libcurl on AIX 5.2. I am using the compiler xlc_r. It is
> building only libcurl.a. But I expect it to build libcurl.a,libcurl.a.3.0and
> libcurl.a.3.0.0. But on linux, it builds libcurl.so, libcurl.so.3.0 and
> libucurl.so.3.0.0. Could you please tell me why is it generating only one
> library in AIX.

Nope, I cannot. We use libtool for the shared library creation, and that is
supposed to build whatever works for the target platform (unless you disable
it with configure options of course).

I'd say some digging is required to solve this.