Re: Newbie requests help

From: Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 06:18:24 -0600

If a browser gives you a pop-up box for the username & password, then the
curl equivalent would be:

-u username:password

You'd need that on *every* curl command line. The browser automatically
remembers and resends the authentication for you. Curl doesn't remember
anything between command line invocations, other than cookies, which are
stored in a files and only then if you specifically tell it to save and
reuse them.

Ralph Mitchell