Newbie requests help

From: mgerics <mis_at_albar.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:44:47 -0500

Hello. I was introduced to a curl a while back yet nvever had use for it -
until now.
I use winodws baesd pcs, win98, NT, 2K and XP.
Have an operation that gets data via HTTP.
1st data access requires entry of username and password.
Subsequent accessses simply require the URL.
(Current application uses and AutoIt script to do this, but there are
gltiches that prevent it from working flawlessly in unattended mode)
I am fairly certain curl will do this for me. dl'ed some archives and tried
curl <my url>, where <my url> is any of several urls that work fine with
ping. Apparently mising something, as I always get back 'curl: (6) Could not
resolve host: <my url>; Host not found'
Could someone please repond to this email with exactly what files are needed
and where and how to install them - I am not familiar with 'make', etc, so
prefer a pre-compiled binary.

Any helpful hints and suggestions that do not refer to lake jumping or
acroabatic kite control will be appreciated.

Thanks guys.