Re: make test hanging on Cygwin

From: Eugene Kotlyarov <ekot_at_narod.ru>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 00:17:03 +0300

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Does this change make the tests work?
Yes
> If so, how come curl works fine on cygwin in general use without this fix?
I'm not sure about all cases, but maybe in general use curl mostly closes
connection itself like in those tests that work anyway.
> Further, to discover that the connection is closed, we must read from
> the connection. Why would we read from it if 'select_res' hasn't
> signalled that there is data to read?
>
> We need further details and research before we can do a wild patch like
> that.
Further investigating shows that problem is with cygwin poll function it
doesn't signal that there is data
after connection is closed from other side. If undefine HAVE_POLL_FINE tests
also work.

I'll try to ask Cygwin developers, about such behaviour of poll.