Re: Win32 version of curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 22:53:09 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Dave M wrote:

>> Yeps. You get these errors because you need to compile two files from the
>> lib/ dir and link with when you build the curl executable.
>
> If I compile the library alone it compiles. The files created include
> timeval.obj, timeval.str, strtoofft.obj and strtoofft.str and all are
> located in the library debug folder.

Yes, they are used by the lib but they are _also_ used by the client and since
they are functions that are not exposed in the libcurl API they are compiled
and linked for the client *as well*.

> Can you think of a reason why these would not be linked when I try to build
> cURL?

They need to be compiled and linked separately when building curl. The fact
that they are also used in the lib is a separate "issue".