Re: [First Post] Curl & Nagios

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 23:51:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, Marcel Mitsuto Fucatu Sugano wrote:

> looking for documentation about ways of using curl to automate web login
> process (as well as other types of transactions too)

http://curl.haxx.se/docs/httpscripting.html

curl really doesn't automate things, it just does what you tell it to. You
automate them.

> in order to create some Nagios Plugin to monitor all sorts of web
> applications. This "dynamic-transaction-monitoring" require the flexibility
> and completeness of curl, as the engine behind a Nagios Plugin, foreseeing
> the need of "http-cookied-session", and the need of an script that could
> pass through a whole auth, post some form, and analyse the results process.

Whoa, making such a thing "automated" to work with all sorts of random weirdo
sites is gonna be a whole lot of hard work.

But I agree that using curl for the grunt work sounds like a good idea! It
makes cookie support and header manipulations easy enough.

> Does anyone here ever heard about creating a Nagios Plugin for
> transaction monitoring with curl?

Not me. I barely know what Nagios is.