Re: Curl speed / timeout options

From: Doug McNutt <douglist_at_macnauchtan.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:25:47 -0600

At 15:34 +0100 10/17/05, sds ssdsd wrote:
>Curl do a great work in fetching pages and all the submit & cookies stuff, but i need some tool that helps to parse the actual content.

Try perl. Perl has a module (LWP) that allows direct access to URL specified "pages" but I find it easier to use curl from within perl using the backtick operators which ordinarily call for a shell command. It works fine when the line executing the shell command is $content = `curl . . . `.

You can curl to a temporary file or you can curl directly into a perl variable using the returned value of the backtick operator which will be curl's standard output.

The problem I have is emulating the JavaScript that some sites use for no good reason.

--
--> Use vowels every day or you'll get consonated <--