How to disable name lookup for a given request?

From: A. Zatoon <abozizo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 15:29:20 -0700

Hi,
   I wanted to disable the name resolution, so I wrote the IP address
of the web server in the curl command. However, when I output the
%{time_namelookup} variable, its value is not zero.
I am using curl v. 7.11.1 on linux redhat 2.6.10.

Here is a sample example
$ curl -A 'Mozilla/5.0' -s -o /dev/null -w
%{time_total},%{time_namelookup},%{time_connect},%{time_pretransfer},%{time_starttransfer},%{size_download},%{http_code}
http://68.142.226.53

2.209,2.164,2.169,2.169,2.190,43034,200
$

As you can see the namelookup value is large, which indicates that
there is some namelookup is going on even though I entered the IP
address.

Any suggestion on how to disable the namelookup part?

Thanks, I do really appreciate your help

--
::Zatoon::