Re: installing AIX curl cmd line

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:38:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Peter Connell wrote:

> I've got the .bff file that resulted from the 5.2 download (SSL-enabled).
> The INSTALL doc related to the download requires the AIX installp command
> but this does not exist on the iSeries.

You have to understand that the non-source curl packages we point out from the
download page are made and offered by various friendly people and
orginisations. If you have issues with such a package, you are probably better
off trying to contact and querying the packager than asking here about it.

In this case, it sounds as if you download a package from The Written Word, so
I think you should try finding some docs at their place or possible contacting
them to ask about their packages.

Optionally, if you have a compiler installed, it should be fairly easy for you
to build your own curl from source.

Sorry, but that's the best I can do.