download of binary objects?

From: Bud P. Bruegger <bud_at_comune.grosseto.it>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:41:17 +0200

Hello everyone,

I hope this is not an FAQ. I found
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/344173 but it didn't
provide enough input...

I would like to use curl to download several CLRs from different CAs, some
via http, some via ldap. My objective is to have an easy to maintain file
with all the (http and ldap) URLs of the CAs.

My problem in particular is how to save binary CRLs to a file. I tried
curl -v -K crls.conf with the file containing:

url "ldap://ldap.fineid.fi:389/cn=finsign ca for citizen,o=vrk-finsign gov.
       ca,dmdname=fineid,c=FI?certificaterevocationlist"
o fineid.crl

but the file fineid.crl looks like this:

DN: cn=FINSIGN CA for Citizen,o=VRK-FINSIGN Gov. CA,dmdName=FINEID,c=FI
@@@@@@ certificateRevocationList: @@@@@@@@...

(where @ marks some unprintable binary chars).

Is this LDIF format or maybe DER?

Is there a way of telling curl that I want just the value of a single
(binary) attribute, without DN and without attribute labels?

many thanks for any help!

-b

Ing. Bud P. Bruegger, Ph.D. +39-0564-488577
(voice), -21139 (fax)
Servizio Elaborazione Dati e-mail: bud_at_comune.grosseto.it
Comune di
Grosseto http://www.comune.grosseto.it/cie/
Via Ginori,
43 http://OpenPortalGuard.sf.net
58100 Grosseto (Tuscany, Italy) jabber: bud_at_amessage.info

Free Software in Public Administration: not just a good idea, but a necessity

Perfection is attained, not when there is nothing more to be added, but
when there is nothing more to be taken away -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery