Re: FTPS help

From: Norbert Novotny <norbert.novotny_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:12:42 +0200

Hi Daniel,

This is fantastic!! I can't believe it, but you did it!
The only thing, I had to comment out was the original SSL handshake
after the command was accapted by the server.
starting on line 3923 - in lib/ftp.c

/* %NN
    if(conn->ssl[SECONDARYSOCKET].use) {
      infof(data, "Doing the SSL/TLS handshake on the data stream\n");
      result = Curl_ssl_connect(conn, SECONDARYSOCKET);
      if(result)
        return result;
    }
*/

Many thanks, that was a great work.

If you are interested, I'll send you the complete diff between the
original (7.14.0) and this patched working version, with all changes
in it.

Also, I have to mention it here, I am not a 100% convinced that the
developers of the FTP server side did comply 100% with RFC2228. This
yet to be investigated, by FTP server administrators. Reson, why I am
filled with scepticism here, is the fact that I had installed other
FTPS client recomanded by the vendor of the server side (C-Kermit 8.0)
which had failed exactly on the same spot.

Anyway,
 Many thanks,
 Norbert