Re: FTPS help

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 00:09:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005, Norbert Novotny wrote:

> This is the verbose out put:
> curl -E ./SSL/CL.pem:sslpwd --disable-epsv -T TEST.TXT
> --ftp-ignore-pasv-ip -v -u ftp.box:mypwd --ftp-ssl

   ^^^

Using a custom patched curl are we? ;-)

What curl version is this based on?

> < 220 Welcome to XFB Gateway FTP server
>> USER ftp.box
> < 331 Send password please
>> PASS mypwd
> < 230 User logged in, proceed
>> PBSZ 0
> < 503 Bad sequence of command

Sorry, but your server seem to not like the PBSZ command that curl sends. Curl
should really have added an informational here that this means it'll continue
with its assumed default setup, which in the ftps:// URL case means it
believes it will use SSL for the data connection as well...

> < 200 Command okay
>> STOR TEST.TXT

... but now, my guess is that the server and curl don't agree on the SSL
status of the data connection and thus it "hangs" there when curl wants to
negotiate SSL and the server doesn't.

Seem likely? I believe a network traffic capture might be able to tell if
we're on the right track here or not.