How to: text/plain post

From: Richard Mercer <richard.mercer_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 21:13:44 -0400

I’m using command line curl on Windows and want to do a POST with Content-type=text/plain, not application/x-www-form-urlencoded.  The manual and examples are not helping me figure out how to do it.  I have used: ‘curl –d @<filename> http://host:port/%e2%80%a6%e2%80%99 and the data is received but since the receiving application does not expect urlencoded data it does not decode it and then fails to process it properly.

What are the appropriate curl switches needed to do this?

Thanks,

Rick