threading issue

From: Yehoshua Hershberg \(yhershbe\) <yhershbe_at_cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:01:50 +0200

I have encountered a problem using libcurl. I have libcurl linked
statically to a DLL on a windows machine. I have multiple simultaneous
threads sending http/s requests. What I have found is that for a single
thread I get a round trip time of ~0.3 seconds. If I run 10 simultaneous
threads I get a round trip time of ~3 seconds, which lead me to believe
that there is something that is running serially in libcurl. When I run
the whole thing in a profiler I find that Curl_easy_perform spends 99%
of its time in NtWaitForSingleObject.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or how I could deal with
it?

-Josh