Re: how to cross-compile curl?

From: Robert P. J. Day <rpjday_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:16:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 02:16:45PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >

> > hi, i'm trying to cross-compile curl for a PPC board, using the
> > ELDK 3.1.1 toolchain, so i know some of my configure options will
> > be:
> >
> > CC=pcc-linux-gcc --host=ppc-linux
> >
> > but i want SSL support as well, and i'm not sure what to use for
> > the "--with-ssl" option value. what should that be set to? the
> > directory name of the openssl lib in the cross-compiler structure?
> > no matter what i try, i keep getting:
>
> The --with-ssl option should be set to the root of the OpenSSL
> installation (the default is /usr/local/ssl). There should be lib/
> and include/ directories under that location.

i've actually tried that. the cross-compiler toolchain i'm using has
a pseudo root filesystem installed under

  /usr/local/eldk3.1.1/ppc_8xx/
        bin/
        lib/
        usr/

etc, etc., under which you find the standard SSL libraries (and all
the other PPC cross-compiled libs). so i tried configuring with:

  --with-ssl=/usr/local/eldk3.1.1/ppc_8xx ...

but i keep getting:

checking for SSL_connect in -lssl... no
checking for ssl with RSAglue/rsaref libs in use... checking for
SSL_connect in -lssl... (cached) no
no
configure: error: OpenSSL libs and/or directories were not found where
specified!

  thoughts? am i missing something really obvious?

rday