RE: [MAY BE SPAM] Re: Ftping a file and renaming the file at the remote server

From: <VeeraraghJ_at_usa.redcross.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 18:05:35 -0400

Hi I have been able to rename a file in the remote server> Thank you!
However I had this problem
If I had
 new_file =`date '+%H%S'`$file
curl --insecure --verbose --disable-epsv -B -Q "-RNFR $file" -Q "-RNTO
$new_file" --ftp-ssl -T $WORKDIR$file -u $USERID:$PASSWD $FSECURELOC

The value for $new_file was not being translated ..I got the error that
the paramenter for RNTO was not given.

However if I gave the same as
curl --insecure --verbose --disable-epsv -B -Q "-RNFR $file" -Q "-RNTO
`date '+%H%S'`$file" --ftp-ssl -T $WORKDIR$file -u $USERID:$
PASSWD $FSECURELOC

Is there any spefic reason why I could not use a variable in RNTO?? I
did not have the proble at RNFR.

Thanks,
Jaya V.