curl: Remote file name has no length!

From: Guillaume Fraysse <gfraysse_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 15:31:53 +0200

Hi everyone,

I'm using libcurl (C) in an application and I'm getting a zero length
buffer when I try to download the "http://www.slashdot.org" url and no
error.
I tried with the command line cURL on my debian box and I can't really
understand what's going on :
If I call it curl -O http://slashdot.org
I get a curl: Remote file name has no length!
Which seems to be likned with my problem.

but if I "curl -o /tmp/slashdot.org http://slashdot.org" or "curl
http://slashdot.org" I do get the right page.

I don't really understand why it doesn't work in the first case. And I
dont see the right parameter to use in curl_easy_setopt to get the
page.

Any one can help ?

Version used :
curl 7.14.0 (i386-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.14.0 OpenSSL/0.9.7g
zlib/1.2.2 libidn/0.5.13
Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
Features: IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

Cheers,
Guillaume