Re: how to switch off console?

From: Lars Nilsson <chamaeleon_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:27:24 -0400

On 6/29/05, Gisle Vanem <giva_at_bgnett.no> wrote:
> > How can I stop the console window from
> > popping up and still allow curl to make my http connections?
>
> You could adding try:
> freopen("NUL", "wt", stdout);
> freopen("NUL", "wt", stderr);
>
> before using any stdio or libcurl functions.

How about using curl_easy_setopt(CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION, ...) and
curl_easy_setopt(CURLOPT_WRITEDATA, ...) to handle the data instead of
letting the default mechanism (stdout) do it? That way you have
complete control over all incoming data. Using those, there really
shouldn't be any reason for a console at all (besides any possible
debug output of your own).

Also, this conversation belongs on the libcurl mailing list, if I'm
not mistaken.

Lars Nilsson