Re: Need assistance

From: Bill Mercer <bmerc_at_nccer.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:18:31 -0400

Is the attached really your XML data? It looks like you're trying to
send an HTML
submission form as the XML data, which I seriously doubt is what you
want.
Have you confirmed that your XML file is valid by using an alternate
method to deliver it?

>I am attempting to post an XML file to a URL from and HP Unix server.

> <head>
> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft
Visual
>Studio 6.0">
> <title>Testing Page</title>
> </head>
> <b>Submit</b>
> <form name="frmXML" action="receiveOrder.asp"
>method="GET">
> <input type="button" name="btnDirect"
>value="Send by POST" onClick="javascript: document.frmXML.action =
'http
> s://test.kpp.com/xml/receiveOrder.asp';
>document.frmXML.submit()">
> <textarea name="OrderXML" cols="60" rows="35">
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
> <XML_Orders>
> <Order>
> <Hold_Order_Header>
>

>I am using the following from the command prompt in UNIX to send
this:

> curl -v -o kpp.bat -d @testfile.htm --trace-ascii kpp.txt -H
>"Content-Type:text/xml" https://test.kpp.com/xml/receivedOrder.asp
>

>Something is getting lost in the translation as the file appears to
make
>it, but responds with the following:
>

> <?xml
>version="1.0"?><Order><response_code>30</response_code></Order>
>

>Which translates to invalid XML format. Any suggestions as to what
>try next?
>
>Thanks,
>Kristin
>

>Confidentiality Warning: This e-mail contains information intended
only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader
of this e-mail is not the intended
>recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to
the intended recipient, any dissemination, publication or copying of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited. The
>sender does not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or
damage to your data or computer system that may occur while using data
contained in, or
>transmitted with, this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately notify us by return e-mail. Thank you.