Re: problem Instlling *.h & *.c File in mingw

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:26:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, T kyer wrote:

You seem to be talking libcurl, so I suggest you use the curl-library list for
future posts on related subejcts!

> Great job with curl! Unfortunately I have been unable to enjoy it. I have
> been unable to install the curl source code properly in mingw(actually I'm
> using Dev C++ 4.9.9.1 & Win 98se) as a library resource to be used by my
> personal source code.

To "install" the curl source code is actually a very odd use of terms in my
ears.

> The installation document says I need to run a file named MINGW32.BAT. But
> where on earth is this file.

That is expected or assumed to be part of your mingw install.

> Well never mind if it doesn't exist please provide manual install
> instructions for Dev C or mingw or both.

I don't know what "Dev C" is.

For mingw, all you need to do is 'make mingw32' in the source code root.

> errors I got during compilation were (for simple.c) but were almost
> identical for the others:

> 1 parse error before '<' token
> 15 [Warning] initialization makes integer from pointer
> without a cast
> 15 [Warning] data definition has no type or storage class

I think all of these are results of the compiler not finding/using the libcurl
include files.