Re: bug:852899 Socks5 fails in Curl_resol

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 21:02:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Atul Gupta wrote:

> I am getting SIGBUS at curl_resolv in 7.12.3 dbx shows....
> (dbx) lwps
> o>l_at_1 signal SIGBUS in Curl_resolv()

But why do you think this is related to the SOCKS bug from the past?

> Can you please confirm that whether this issue was fixed in any releases of
> libcurl? The link which you mentioned and the link
> http://curl.haxx.se/changes.html does not give clear picture of it..

The link I showed you told that the fix in that bug report was used.

> Can you also tell whether there is any plan for this issue to be fixed.

Again: we have released four new releases since the one you use. Chances are
your bug does not exist in a more modern version.

If you can repeat the problem with 7.14.0 and tell us how you do it, I'll look
into fixing it.