Re: Using curl with vbulletin site?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 16:48:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Chris wrote:

> Is it possible to use curl to access pages within a vbulletin forum BBS?

curl can "access" just about all pages you can access with your browser. It is
often just a matter of work to figure out exactly how.

> I've been trying to access my account within a vbulletin login/password site
> but can not seem to get it correct.
>
> Any pointers?

General:

Use POST to login, keep cookie, follow locations, access next page with the
store cookies...

Use livehttpheaders to trace a "manual" operation with your browser, then
repeat that flow with curl commandlines.