Re: ANNOUNCE: curl and libcurl 7.13.2

From: Paul Moore <pf_moore_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:55:20 +0000 (UTC)

Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl <at> haxx.se> writes:

> > 2. Is it available from curl.exe, or just from the library form?
>
> It is supposed to be in the curl.exe as well as in the library. Provide a
> zero length username an select NTLM and it just might work:
>
> curl --proxyntlm -u : -x proxy [URL]
>
> (The need to set a zero length user name is not very nice, but that's how it
> currently works nevertheless.)

It doesn't seem to work for me... If I do

    curl --proxy-ntlm -x my_proxy -U : http://www.python.org

I get a "you are not authorised" message, which is the same as I'd get using an
invalid username and password. Putting my *real* username and password works,
so it doesn't seem to be a NTLM issue.

(I tried a few variations like --proxy-anyauth, putting host:port and
http://host:port/ for the proxy - none made any difference).

Version info:

>curl --version
curl 7.13.2 (i586-pc-mingw32msvc) libcurl/7.13.2 OpenSSL/0.9.7e zlib/1.2.2
Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
Features: Largefile NTLM SSL libz

I'm using the Win32 "Generic" binary downloaded from the cURL website.

Thanks,
Paul.