Re: ANNOUNCE: curl and libcurl 7.13.2

From: Paul Moore <pf_moore_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:42:15 +0100

Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> writes:

> Curl and libcurl 7.13.2

[...]

> o libcurl can be built with SSPI support. curl_version_info() then returns
> a new feature bit: CURL_VERSION_SSPI. configure --enable-sspi added

At work, I am behind a Microsoft proxy server, which uses NTLM
authentication. At the moment, I have to manually enter my username
and password when using curl. My understanding is that SSPI picks up
the username and password from my Windows logon information, and uses
it automatically - this is how Internet Explorer and Firefox can use
the proxy without needing to ask me for my password.

Assuming I'm right, I have two questions:

1. Is this what the quoted feature provides?
2. Is it available from curl.exe, or just from the library form?

I'd very much like to be able to use curl "transparently" from behind
my work firewall...

Thanks for the information (and thanks for curl in the first place!)

Paul.

--
Ooh, how Gothic. Barring the milk.