Re: RE.: Outputting HTTP request to a file

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:49:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, RSN RSN wrote:

> yes it does but --trace[-ascii] has a lot of suplufous data and it is in a
> seperate file.

Yes it has "suplufous data", but that's in addition to the data you want. And
the extra fluff is fairly easy to filter out I would say.

> The point is that it is that all headers are required to be in the same
> file. Why split the headers into seperate files? This currently requires to
> have both files open at the same time to read and cross-refernce everything.
>
> Why not have requests and reply and the data in the same file?

--trace makes one single file. It contains the lot. The only difference your
suggested -i or -D changes would make, is that it wouldn't also contain the
"info" texts like the --trace output does.