Re: Uploading user-data to printer controller

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:29:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Martijn Balink wrote:

> I've captured the network packets, the file does actually get uploaded to
> the printer, but the PHP-code running on the controller of the printer
> thinks the file is not correct.

> In the captured packets, I've compared the network packets that my browser
> produces with the post requests that cURL creates (and the packets that the
> printer returns), and I don't see any difference.

That certainly makes this a very tricky problem. If there are no differences,
then why do the result differ?

> The printercontroller is a black box, I can't get access to the PHP-code
> that's running on it. When you initially access the printer, a random cookie
> is generated to maintain your session once logged in. I save this cookie in
> a textfile called "cookiepot.txt" and use it again in the next instances of
> cURL.

I noticed that you didn't use -c more than in the first request which means
that the server never updates the cookie while you are traversing it. Are you
really sure about that?

Other than so, it seems like a really tricky problem but you seem to approach
the problem on a sensible way and I cannot detect any noticable flaws in your
logic.