Re: curlopt_writedata seg faults

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:21:30 -0700

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 06:52:54PM -0400, Paul Thompson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wrote a program that downloads mp3s from a site using curl. It
> worked fine for months, until I got a new computer, asd install
> 7.12.3. Now when I call opt WriteData , my program sogfaults. heres
> the code:

You didn't say what platform you're using. If it's Win32, then you need
to heed the advice in the documentation:

          NOTE: If you're using libcurl as a win32 DLL, you
          MUST use the CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION if you set this
          option or you will experience crashes.

You may have just been lucky in the past.

>>> Dan