Curl & libcurl hangs on using SSL

From: Matt Sealey <matt_at_genesi.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 23:10:17 +0100

I have a problem and it's getting quite serious :)

Basically;

neko@mithrandir:~$ curl -v -k https://www.pegasosppc.com
* About to connect() to www.pegasosppc.com port 443
* Trying 66.98.186.96... * connected
* Connected to www.pegasosppc.com (66.98.186.96) port 443

.. that's as far as it gets. It works fine though from
another machine (connecting to the same server) and also
from the same two machines WITHOUT an SSL URL. I am at
a loss as to what is happening here, this was working
fine up until Friday.

The systems are all FreeBSD running PHP, Curl etc. from
the ports tree, and the SSL is the one bundled with the
base system on both systems (i.e. not openssl from ports).
I have seen stuff on the mailing list discussing this but
didn't see any resolutions?

Does anyone have an idea what is causing this and how on
earth I can fix it?

--
Matt Sealey <matt_at_genesi.co.uk>
Manager, Genesi, Developer Relations